Bells and music from different time zones and cultures will join in an orchestrated event that can be witnessed in Apolda and all around the world via live stream at www.livestream.com/salveworld.
The gap of geographical distances will be bridged with the sounds of bells, music, live images and new media. Prominent bells from the four cardinal directions represent global bell culture.
- A 110 years old Apolda bell in Kotagiri, India, represents the East.
- The Schilling carillon in Sandefjord, Norway, represents the North.
- Bangkok, Thailand, features the bells of the global South.
- Which bell will ring for the West will be revealed on Aug. 5th.
- The “Apolda Bell All Stars” directed by Ludger Nowak follow the trace of the bells around the world with their own compositions.
The elements come together on the stage of the Thuringian garden expo in Apolda, from where the world bell concert will be streamed back into the world.
“Bells are music, bells connect, bells make you listen”